Home-made Ayam Percik..
1 Whole Chicken (cut into 4 or 6 pieces)
- 3 stalks Lemon Grass (chopped)
- 4 fresh Garlic Cloves (peeled)
- 10 Shallots
- 2.5 cm fresh Tumeric Piece (grated)
- 2 teaspoon Tumeric Powder
- 5 cm Galangal
- 6 Dried Chilli (soaked in hot water)
- 2 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 20 ml Tamarind Water
- 300 ml Coconut Milk
- 200 ml Water
- Salted to taste
- In a blender, add in the spice paste and blend until smooth.
- Heat oil in a pan. Over medium heat, pour spice paste in pan for 10 minutes till fragrant.
- Add water if the paste become too dry.
- Add coconut milk, tamarind water, sugar and salt.
- Heat mixture till boil.
- Turn the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in the chicken and cooked.
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- Once chicken is cooked, removed the chicken to a frying pan.
- Fried till fragrant.
- Serve chicken with the gravy.