Hey, it’s friday and so I decided to make a home-baked Classic Pound Cake for our family’s afternoon snack..
- 1 1/2 cups (340 grams) Unsalted Butter
- 4 Cups (512 grams) Sifted Cake Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 3/4 cups (552 grams) Sugar
- 8 Eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup (237 ml) Milk (room temperature)
- 2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 190 degree c / 325 degree f.
- Butter the baking pan.
- Combine flour and salt in a bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar with mixer at high speed till fluffy.
- Reduce speed to medium and add vanilla extract.
- Add eggs one at a time beating until combined after each addition.
- Add milk gradually.
- Fold-in flour gradually into the cream ingredients.
- Pour into baking tray.
- Baking until a tester inserted into centre of cake comes out clean about 60 minutes.
- Let cool in pans on wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Remove from pan and let it cool completely on the wire rack.